WHAT WE OFFER
OUR CARE PACKAGE
We have all year turn-out with large individual stables. our fields have natural hedges and some have man-made shelters. The stables are within a large barn, therefore draft-free during winter. There are automatic water-feeders in the fields and stables.
Viewing welcomed and encouraged.
We live on-site so are here every day and night ensuring good security. Top-quality, homemade hay and straw is used. Fields are used for larger groups to be turned out and we also have paddock facilities if a horse either prefers to be in small numbers or has weight issues.
We are lucky to have a good Vet with 24-hour call-out availability. We also have a very experienced Farrier who lives locally.
We are open to accommodate several types of stable packages and can include extra requirements when needed. A written contract will be provided. We realise many horses will retire and live out their days here but we can also cater for shorter-term contracts if required.
Package DetailsCalendar Monthly Payments
- Daily mucking out
- Hay – as much as required
- Straw bedding
- Rugs changed daily
- Sun cream and rugs / masks when needed
- Horses checked 3 times a day at least
- Groomed and fussed on a regular basis
- Legs washed when bringing in during winter
- Hooves picked regularly
- Feet trimmed every 6-8 weeks
- Supervised when Farrier visits
- Fed with hard feed daily (a cool mix with some chaff)
- Wormed twice a year along with one yearly worm count
- All rugs and head collars are supplied, and washed/repaired when required
- Teeth checked / rasped yearly
- Seasonal treats always supplied
- Photos and communication with owners
Additional ExtrasCarried out at additional cost
- Any supplements in food required
- Specific food requirements
- Vet call-out bills
- Specialist foot care or shoeing